Thursday, April 19, 2012

2003 Honda XR 100R Dirt Bike Review

                          
by Josh




This is my first bike which I bought in the fall of 2009 when I was 12 years old.  It is a small motocross bike that is great for beginner and intermediate riders.  I still own this bike because I plan to keep it for my little brother and because my friends and I still like to ride it around.  The size of this bike is best for about a 5' tall kid, but my 6' tall friends and I ride it without any problems. I really enjoyed this bike until my skill level started to outgrow the bike and I didn't think I could advance any further with it.  

For a 4 stroke this bike has a lot of bottom end power along with decent top end power. 

I bought this bike for $1,000 and spent about $20 to get it jetted.  It usually starts on the first or second kick.  For a 4-stroke, this bike has a lot of bottom-end power along with decent top-end power. After three years, it still runs like a top and like most XR's, it will probably keep running like this for 20 more years.  

Here are the specs on my bike from the MOTOPROFI website:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
Model ID
Manufacturer (Make)
Honda
Model Name
XR 100 R
Year
2003
Category(class)
Motocross / Dirtbike
Engine
Engine Capacity (Displacement)
99.2 ccm (6.05 cubic inches)
Engine Type
1 cylinder
Bore x Stroke
Ø53.0 mm x 45.0 mm (Ø2.09 inches x 1.77 inches)
Bore/Stroke Ratio
1.18
Stroke
4
Powertrain
Gearbox
5 speed
Chassis/Suspension/Brakes
Front Brakes
Drum
Rear Brakes
Drum
Dimensions
Overall Length
1899 mm (74.76 inches)
Overall Width
816 mm (32.13 inches)
Seat Height
775 mm (30.51 inches)
Dry Weight
75 kg (165 lb)
Fuel Capacity
5.6 litres (1.48 gallons)
Performance
Top Speed
-
Acceleration (dart, speedup) time


·  0-100 km/h
-

·  0-60 mph
-

·  1/4 mile
-

·  60 to 140 km/h, highest gear
-




Overall, the Honda XR100R is a great bike for its price, which I would recommend for beginner and intermediate riders who are looking for some fun at an inexpensive price. 



No comments:

Post a Comment